if you Love to awaken your creativity and inner potential, tap into your life purpose, live intentionally while connecting with the ocean and the rhythm of music - you have found your teaching!
YTT 200 Hours
Sannyas Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) 200 hours is designed with the purpose to give you a clear understanding of the principles of yoga and of the essential elements needed to deepen your inner awareness in your practice of yoga in order to be an authentic guide to yourself and others. We are going to explore various techniques and Yoga Practises such as Tantra, Hatha, Vinyasa & Shamanic.
Our creative approach to the wonderful Ancient wisdom of Yoga and Meditation allows our students to align and enhance their mind body soul connection. We focus on sharing the power of yoga to assist in the personal and spiritual growth of each participant empowering them to awaken their inner potential, find clarity and purpose in life, to achieve a state of happiness, balance, freedom, fulfilment and share this teaching with the world. Sannyas Teaching is designed and available to anyone ready to deepen their understanding and knowledge of yoga and existence, everything you learn will give you a solid and powerful foundation to apply in your everyday personal, professional, relationship, health and spiritual life.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics
- Introduction to the philosophy of yoga
- History of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Advaita Vedanta, Hatha and the rise of Tantra
- The four paths of Yoga: Raja, Karma, Bhakti, and Jnana
- The Gunas
- The eight limbs of Patanjali
- The Koshas and Pranas
- Working with the breath
- Drishti and inner focus
- Vinyasa, connecting breath and movement
- Meditation techniques and application
- Movements of the spine
- Benefits, modifications and contraindications
- Practice and experimental teaching of asanas
- warm-up techniques
- relaxing and restorative poses
You will also learn how to adapt the asanas for specific needs, levels and conditions.
You will learn and experience the benefits of various pranayama techniques as well as when to incorporate them into the class.
- Purpose of pranayama
- Cleansing practices
- Connecting breath and movement
- Explore diverse breathing techniques and their benefits
- Introduction, intention, history and daily practice of meditation
- Mindfulness and awareness
- Meditating with sound & mantras
You will explore the power of the mantra
- Learn to chant and present yogic mantras for the beginning and/or ending of yoga classes
- Bija mantras for purifying the chakras including using these mantras in meditation.
- Principles of teaching
- Finding your inner teaching voice
- Learn the three main teaching methods: verbal, visual and physical
- Science of sequencing
- Practice Teaching
- The business of Yoga: Yoga teacher mindset
- Developing your own personal teaching philosophy
During this training you will experience rituals, sharing, healing circles, creative movement and many Fun moment of creativity and celebration.
Meet the 200 YTT Program Details by Hour
Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 Hours
- Topics in this category includes: asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, mantra, chanting, meditation and other yoga techniques.
- With focus on the practice and how students can teach the technique.
- The Five Categories of Asana: The trainee will practice and learn the key poses in each category of asana - standing poses, forward bends, back bends, twists, and inversions.
- Alignment: students will achieve comprehension of the alignment for each of the five categories of asanas through observation and experience of how the poses in each category share a common foundation, and how to build upon this foundation.
Teaching Methodology: 25 Hours
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and appropriate words to guide and teach a class.
- Learn how to meet the specific needs of individuals, both in private sessions and in group teaching.
- Principles of demonstration, observation and learn how to teach
- Different teaching styles
- Unique qualities of a teacher
- Understand different students learning processes
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
- Principles of Demonstrating Asanas: effective demonstrations of alignment and specific pose or sequence of poses.
- Learning Modalities: identify your style and learning how to teach based on others’ learning styles
- Use of Language and Voice: active vs. passive language and the effective use of each, positive and conscious communication.
Anatomy and Physiology: 20 Hours
- Human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.)
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.)
- Benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns of the Yoga practice.
You will also learn how to adapt the asanas for specific ages, levels and conditions.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others
Practicum: 10 Hours
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
- Observing others teaching
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
Remaining Contact Hours and Elective Hours:
The remaining hours will be allocated to go deep and explore the unique teaching we focus on at Sannyas Yoga academy:
- Heart Centred Teaching
- Intentional Living
- Sound and Music
- Creative Sequencing
- Metaphysical Science and Universal Connection