200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Sannyas Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) 200 hours is designed with the purpose to give you a clear understanding of the principles of yoga and of the essential elements needed to deepen your inner awareness in your practice of yoga in order to be an authentic guide to yourself and others. We are going to explore various techniques and Yoga Practices such as Tantra, Hatha, Vinyasa & Shamanic.
Techniques, Training and Practice: 100 Hours
- Topics in this category includes: asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, mantra, chanting, meditation and other yoga techniques.
- With focus on the practice and how students can teach the technique.
- The Five Categories of Asana: The trainee will practice and learn the key poses in each category of asana – standing poses, forward bends, back bends, twists, and inversions.
- Alignment: students will achieve comprehension of the alignment for each of the five categories of asanas through observation and experience of how the poses in each category share a common foundation, and how to build upon this foundation.
Teaching Methodology: 25 Hours
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and appropriate words to guide and teach a class.
- Learn how to meet the specific needs of individuals, both in private sessions and in group teaching.
- Principles of demonstration, observation and learn how to teach
- Different teaching styles
- Unique qualities of a teacher
- Understand different students learning processes
- Business aspects of teaching yoga (including marketing and legal)
- Principles of Demonstrating Asanas: effective demonstrations of alignment and specific pose or sequence of poses.
- Learning Modalities: identify your style and learning how to teach based on others’ learning styles
- Use of Language and Voice: active vs. passive language and the effective use of each, positive and conscious communication.
Anatomy and Physiology: 20 Hours
- Human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.)
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.)
- Benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns of the Yoga practice.
You will also learn how to adapt the asanas for specific ages, levels and conditions.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others
Practicum: 10 Hours
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor
- Observing others teaching
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
Remaining Contact Hours and Elective Hours:
The remaining hours will be allocated to go deep and explore the unique teaching we focus on at Sannyas Yoga academy:
- Heart Centred Teaching
- Intentional Living
- Sound and Music
- Creative Sequencing
- Neuroscience and Universal Connection